Chicken with Black Pig Sausages and Vegetables (variant of spentzofai) by Lila Kourti
Recipe by Lila Kourti
• 4 black pig sausages, cut into 4 pieces each
• 2 chicken breasts cut into 4 pieces each
• 2 tbls. olive oil
• 1 big onion,cut into 4 large pieces
• 2 fresh onions cut into 4 pieces each
• 1 leek, cut into large washers
• 1 handful of celery stalks, cut into thin sticks
• 2 fluorinated peppers, cut into 4 large pieces
• 2 carrots, cut to 4 pieces each
• 6 peeled tomatoes (or a whole canned peeled tomato)
• 1 glass of red wine
• Salt Pepper
How do we do it:
1. Put the sausages into a non-stick pan and leave them ther until they get brown on all sides and put them on a plate (about 6 minutes). In the same utensil, pour the chicken breast and bake in medium to high heat, about 9 minutes.
2. Sauté all the vegetables together, except tomato. Once they get color, put the wine and wait for the alcohol to evaporate (about 2 minutes). Add the tomatoes and lower the heat in half to boil the sauce for 15 ‘. Add a half wineglass of water.
3. Poor the sausages and chicken and let cook for 10 more minutes. Add salt and pepper and serve.
TIP: We can accompany it with rice, potatoes or spaghetti